9 years ago my life was made happier.
I am constantly having moms tell me what a great kid I have.
I love to hear it, but I already know.
Happy Birthday Buddy, I love you!
Luke's Top 9 for 09.
1.Responsible. On many mornings you will see Luke reminding me of what time it is. Getting me back on task, and making sure I get everything done in time for them to get out the door in time for school. Luke is completely ready for the day by 7 am.
2.Helper. On the weekends Luke will come get Rachel out of her crib and take her downstairs so mom and dad can sleep longer. Or he will clean up spills that the little ones make at dinner time while I am pre-occupied getting everyone fed.
3.Inquisitive. Always asking questions-always. I love that his little mind is always turning and he is not afraid to ask questions. They are honestly hard questions--at least to a woman. Like how an engine works. So my answer is usually, "ask dad."
3.Inquisitive. Always asking questions-always. I love that his little mind is always turning and he is not afraid to ask questions. They are honestly hard questions--at least to a woman. Like how an engine works. So my answer is usually, "ask dad."
4.Peacemaker. From the day we brought Luke home, he brought with him a peaceful spirit. He gets anxious when disagreements/arguments/chaos is transpiring at our house. He looks for ways to soothe the problem and make everyone happy.
5.Problem Solver. The other day our computer monitor went out. Luke was following Steve around the house telling him his theory how it was the rain outside that had gotten into a cord and blew a circuit breaker. It was annoying both Steve and I (but he always does this) and Steve was insistent that it was just a loose cord. Guess what? Luke was right! Steve had left an extension cord out in the rain hooked to a light socket, resulting in a blown breaker.
5.Problem Solver. The other day our computer monitor went out. Luke was following Steve around the house telling him his theory how it was the rain outside that had gotten into a cord and blew a circuit breaker. It was annoying both Steve and I (but he always does this) and Steve was insistent that it was just a loose cord. Guess what? Luke was right! Steve had left an extension cord out in the rain hooked to a light socket, resulting in a blown breaker.
6.Smart. At homework time Steve loves throwing in extra spelling words that are not on his list. He still gets them right! I also love how he reads with such inflection. Very skilled reader.
7.Sensitive. When I am having a hard day he can tell. He offers a hug, or tries his best to shoo the other kids away so I can have some time alone. Disciplining Luke is EASY, no more than a stern look will do the job.
8. Pretty eyes. Lukes friend Pheobe calls him "The Luke with the pretty eyes." I love that.
9.Patriotic. Loves the country he lives in. His favorite shirts to wear are from the National Guard given to him by my friends dad. Steve took him to Governor's Day for the Utah National Guard. Luke was in heaven looking at the men in uniform, military vehicles and the fly overs. Luke always reminds us to fly our flag. But if I have to watch the Top Gun clip with Kenny Loggins singing Danger Zone one more time.....
6 comments:
What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday Luke!
Happy Birthday Luke! We love you and hope you have a wonderful day! Nate loves that song too, you guys must be cousins or something! :)
Happy, happy birthday Lukus Matukus! We love you so much. You were our first grandchild and now you are 9 years old. I can't believe it. You are such a joy and bring so much happiness to us. What an example you are to your brother and sisters, mom and dad, cousins, aunts and uncles, friends and grandparents!
Have a great day! Love, Grandma and Grandpa
You spell Lucas like that, got it? Olny i don`t know if you got mutokas right ether.
Sorry!!!! (LucAs Scott Dunham.)
Cappitl letter at the begining of a scentce or name.
Post a Comment