
Bright and early today I could be found sitting in the chair at the podiatrist office. After taking x-rays the Dr. determined that my plantar fascia was very very swollen. He thought the best bet would to do a cortisone shot. I politely told him I have had one of those before and passed out.
He didn't care.
I already knew but hoped he would give me a better answer. "How big is the needle?" His reply was "Does it really matter, a needle is a needle."
Not the answer I wanted.
I needed some time to think. The doctor left me in the room for a period of time so that I could "meditate." I detected some sarcasm in his voice when he said this. Whatever.
Think
Think
Think
or
Meditate
Meditate
Meditate
Alright I got the shot. I was hiding under my puffy vest however. Now I feel nauseous.
I was feeling proud of myself, until I told Steve.
"For being such a strong woman, you sure are a wimp!"
Love ya too honey!
7 comments:
I did say you were a strong woman.
Are you going to be able to run?
Cortisone shots are THE WORST! They find the most sensitive, painful part of you and STICK the needle right there!! I'm so, so sorry.
I've never had one of those before. But you did it! It's all over with for now. Hopefully it'll work.
I have heard those hurt. Way to be brave! Let me know if it helps.
I HATE NEEDLES, TOO! Terrified of them!
Post a Comment