Friday, May 22, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday

I am officially the bravest woman by posting this picture.

Actually this picture does not bother me at all. Maybe it is all the years on swim team, and being a lifeguard. I spent most my days in a swim suit. I have also been known to answer the door wearing a towel (only to people I know). A couple weeks ago I stood on the front porch, yes wearing a towel, watching my ecstatic daughter buy her first ice cream from the scary ice cream man. She was so happy! Skipping down the street, tripping into the gutter full of water, and still not missing a beat. When my husband saw me--he was upset. I bet he is upset now seeing this picture too!
I do love this picture. I was pregnant with Peter. I think I had a month left. Can you believe that? I have no sympathy for women who think they are huge. Come on, look at me!
I think short women should have a special place in heaven for carrying babies.

2 comments:

Marti said...

I think you look adorable! Really. When I was 8 mo pregnant, the towel would not even wrap all the way around my huge belly.
(and I have no sympathy for women who think they are huge, either)

Lizzy said...

I think I'm huge (and only getting bigger). Can I get some sympathy, please? Just kidding.

I love that you posted that picture. I secretly want to post a picture of my disappearing belly button (mine vanishes instead of pops) but I'm still not brave enough. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not that big of deal... relatively speaking LOL.