Sunday, May 3, 2009

Motherhood; Take 1

Maggie & Me (2004)
"There is no such thing as the perfect mother.... We just do the best we can with the help of the Lord, and who knows, these children who are struggling to be free may someday rise up and call us blessed."

~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

In exactly one week we celebrate Mother's Day. This week I am going to post some of my favorite memories and reasons that I love being a MOM!

Nine years ago almost to the week, we had our first ultrasound. That is when we found out that our first child would be a boy. I did not really care what the sex was, I just wanted to be a mother. When I was younger (jr. high/high school) my greatest fear was that the end of the world was going to come before I was able to have children. I try to remember this when I am having a bad day, or wish that I had a job. Because really if I worked, all I would want, is to be home with my sweet children.
Pregnant w/the Luke
2000
While I was pregnant with Luke we decided that I would stay home with the children. This has been a blessing in our family. I know my children would not be able to accomplish many things in life without the care of a stay at home mom. I believe that women have a sacred duty to care for and teach their children. I believe also that, mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children.
2006
Without a double income, I know we miss out on many worldly luxuries. Yet, at the end of my life, do those things really matter? I think what will really matter is how my kids turned out! If I know that I have tried my hardest with rearing them, then all will be well!

No comments: