“Motherhood, is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”
Messages of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 6 vols. (1965–75),
2004 @J & Korts wedding!
I love being the mother of Luke. From the moment he was born he was a peacemaker in our family. He is a sensitive child who strives to do the right thing. When we have to correct him for doing something wrong it only takes a stern warning, which even at that makes his bottom lip quiver.
I cherish my time when it was just Luke and I. We always stayed busy exploring the world.
Some of my favorite memories of Luke are him struggling to learn how to talk. He would say the funniest things. He was fascinated with cords (cords to vacuums, old phones and especially Steve's razor.) He could not say cord, so instead it came out as "porn."
For someone who struggled to learn to talk, he sure is smart now. I love how well Luke can read, and that he finds joy in sitting down and reading a book.
Luke is a helper. He always steps in when something needs to be done. This spring when we lost Peter for a short time, he was the first to run out the door and down the street asking strangers if they had seen his brother.
I cherish my time when it was just Luke and I. We always stayed busy exploring the world.
Some of my favorite memories of Luke are him struggling to learn how to talk. He would say the funniest things. He was fascinated with cords (cords to vacuums, old phones and especially Steve's razor.) He could not say cord, so instead it came out as "porn."
For someone who struggled to learn to talk, he sure is smart now. I love how well Luke can read, and that he finds joy in sitting down and reading a book.
Luke is a helper. He always steps in when something needs to be done. This spring when we lost Peter for a short time, he was the first to run out the door and down the street asking strangers if they had seen his brother.
I think when Luke is older people will be amazed that we were his parents. I mean how could such a great person come out of such ding-bats of parents? I never think I am doing anything right as a mom, until I look at my Luke!

The other night I put out a fist to give him "bones", instead of punching knuckles he reached out and gave me a big old hug. Is it any wonder I love this kid so much?

3 comments:
He's such a handsome boy. What a great tribute, Sarah.
What a sweet post Sarah
He is a great kid, that's for sure. We all love him.
Post a Comment