“[The] ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness … to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, … deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God”
David O. McKay
When I found out I was pregnant with Rachel I was scared. I get so sick and can barely function. (Pills, IV's, crazy weight loss, and I can't hold one bite of a cracker down---nothing, for most of my pregnancy!) How was I going to do this? Let alone take care of my 5-month old Peter. Just as the Lord knew Rachel needed to be in our family, he also knew what I could handle. I never got sick, not even a little. Everyone has a theory on why I never got sick, but I know it was a blessing from my Father in Heaven. It made me gain a firmer knowledge that yes, my Heavenly Father knows who I am, he knows what I am going through, he loves me and blesses me. He blessed me with my "easiest" pregnancy and a beautiful baby girl. If it was not for the "oops" incident would we have ever had enough faith to bring her into our world?
Rachel makes us appreciate the simple things in life. The innocent little giggles as she speed walks away from you. The toothy grins she gives every time you look at her. Cuddle time on the couch. Excitement to greet her siblings every morning.
Rachel slows our family pace way down. We are not able to run around like some families. With her sleep schedule (sleeps the day away) we have to prioritize what we will do that day. That means more time together as a family at home. This has brought us closer together.
I love that Rachel was born on my birthday. I love that she has the darkest hair out of any of my children. I hope everyday that it turns even darker. I love that she will wear a hat. I love that she will sit on my lap and be content. I love that she is kinda chubby. I love that she is a little tease....aren't all the Dunham girls? And her dancing skills....every time she hears music her hips start shaking which turn into spins and twirls. But don't forget her kisses, her sweet head kisses. Where she presses her head together with yours. Love it!
Thank you Rachel for making our home, a happier place. And making our family more complete! We love you.
1 comment:
Rachel is a little sweetheart! We love her a lot.
Post a Comment