Last week I was just relaxing and writing a grocery list. Max sat down in front of me and started growling (very uncharacteristic.) He was very persistent and nudged my knee. I thought maybe he needed something. I got up, and he ran to the side door, which was OPEN! I knew my kids had escaped. Max took me out to the sidewalk. There were my two little kids, clear down the street in nothing but diapers.
Max saved the day!
Today was the first and last time Max gets to come on a run with me. He always cries when I leave so I was in a extra kind mood and took him along. Well, he managed to ruin my mood and Peter learned a new name for Max. Not only was I pushing two kids in a jogger, I was dragging and pulling a dog along at the same time. All in the rain. Can you guess the new saying Peter learned?
DAMN DOG! I tried to convince him that I had said dumb dog--he did not fall for it.
DAMN DOG! I tried to convince him that I had said dumb dog--he did not fall for it.
3 comments:
More like the BEST damn dog! lol! That's awesome that he is so protective of the kids.
When my parents were first married, they had a dog named Dammit. Really. The kids had to call him Emmit though.
Running with my dog and a stroller is a recipe for disaster and lots of swearing, too. We gave up long ago. But what a sweet dog and great story!
Post a Comment