Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Potty Dance


This weekend I got out the toddler training toilet. Peter was very interested and tried very hard. The next day I remembered we were going on vacation this summer. Who wants to drive to California with a newly potty trained two-year-old? Not I!!! We would never make it--stopping every hour.

So I went to put the toilet away when I noticed there was urnine inside. Peter was nakey at the time so I asked him if he went potty. He just stared at me. I did a dance around the room and Pete laughed. Then I gave him a prize. An hour later the same scenario took place. I did my dance, gave him a prize....yada yada yada.

I was so proud. Phone calls were made and a lot of bragging took place. Then this morning I came into the house and Maggie told me Peter had gone potty. YEAH! Then Peter said, "No, I didn't, Maggie did."

WHAT!!!!!!

Maggie finally fessed up. It had been her all along. My almost 6 year old. Can you believe it? She just wanted Peter to get a prize.

3 comments:

Jenni Peay said...

That is really funny I even laughed out loud by myself. I can't beleive Maggie did that

Kerri said...

Oh man, that is totally funny.

Jamie said...

Oh, that's great! What a good big sister.