Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why I blog

I started to realize that I was feeling sorry for myself a lot. We were just an average family doing average things. But it seemed like everyone around us was doing bigger and better. It was starting to get me down. Along with that the task of taking care of 4 kids. Rachel became mobile and was starting to get harder. Peter was hard as always. My two older kids were go-go-go, in different directions. It was hard work. I felt like nothing good ever happened to me. But I knew that wasn't true. I just needed to open my eyes and recognize all the good that happens through all this work. So I decided to start blogging last July, with a goal in mind. I would try and find something that made me happy every day. Granted not everyday, but I am happy! Small and simple things bring such joy!

Yesterday I found this video. I like it. It says exactly what I am feeling. Only he says it more eloquently. Take a look, it is short and sweet!


I know the Lord blesses me. Each and every day. Is it the way I want? Probably not. But really, doesn't he know best?

2 comments:

Marti said...

It's been a rough couple of days (and nights). I NEEDED this today...thanks.

Molly said...

thanks sarah. i feel the same way.

i remember really liking this talk.